DOT Glasses – Affordable eyecare for everyone.
In places like Europe, there has been such a huge success at addressing eyecare issues that the need for eyeglasses is no longer referred to as a disability. Yet, this remains the largest unmet disability in the world, affecting 1 billion people.
For example, 75% of people in Kenya are unable to access eye care services. Even for those who can, many are faced with glasses costing almost a month’s income. The impact of this is enormous. Without glasses it is hard to live a quality and productive life. A student without glasses is 3x more likely to fall behind!
We at DOT Glasses manufacture and distribute an innovative technology that enables free eye testing and affordable eyeglasses to be distributed to any community around the world. This is done without subsidy and without relying on eye specialists, of which there are very few.
Our distributors are able to provide corrective eyeglasses in under 5 minutes for only 3-7 USD. The testing and assembly for each patient is done on-site within 5 minutes, without needing a vision care specialist.
- Work alongside the marketing manager to coordinate marketing activities.
- Social media content creation and management.
- Supporting our distributors with marketing activities.
- Other tasks, as required.
- Professional level of English.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing and social media.
- Good visual communication skills is an advantage.
- Graphic design and illustration skills are an advantage.
- Clear and concise communicator.
- High cultural intelligence.
- Highly organised and good at meeting deadlines.
- Adaptable and inquisitive.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Are looking to develop yourself and face new challenges.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Preferred period: Any time
Duration: At least 3 months – In-person, option to have part online if required
Working hours: Full-time
Accommodation: Paid accommodation available
Other benefits: Safari, games nights and an unreasonable amount of fun
Notes and information:
The SIT Global project applies a fee charged to participants to cover the administrative and management costs of the experience.
The expenses could be covered by university scholarships. We can support you with the process.